Sunday 25 January 2009

LEMON LOVE CAKE

10 oz Plain Flour
½ oz of Baking powder
7 ½ oz Margarine
5 oz sugar
1 egg
½ jar of lemon curd (approximately)

Method

In 1 bowl mix the flour and baking powder together.
In a separate bowl cream the margarine and sugar together.
Into the creamed mixture add the flour mixture and the beaten egg.
Mix well into a dough consistency.
Now leave this dough in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to chill.

Line a swiss roll tin with greaseproof paper.
Once has chilled divide the dough into 2 pieces.
Roll out the first piece on some well floured greaseproof paper as this will help transferring it into the tin. Roll out and once into the tin press into the shape of the tin – don’t worry too much about the state of the transfer as long as the dough covers the base of the tin.
Now spread the lemon curd evenly over the dough in the tin.
Roll out the 2nd piece of dough as before and the once ready for transfer to the tin place over the lemon curd and mould over to cover all curd,
Bake for about 25-30 minutes at 180°c until golden brown.

Once out of the oven cooling sprinkle with sugar.

Enjoy hot with custard or cold – yummy school puddings!!

- Just like school pudding!!!

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!!!! Very very Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, what size is your swiss roll tin? Wondering if mine was too big as it came out a bit thin; still yummy though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Nan was a school dinner lady. This 2as one of her recipes! I have made it and it was delicious.
    I have more of her recipes at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny. Do you have any recipes you would be willing to share please

      Delete
  4. This was absolutely my favourite school pudding of all time, and I still dream about it, and I am so glad to have found the recipe, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely delicious,thanks. Does any one remember Norwegian spice cake? My son's favourite winter pudding. I would love if anyone could share the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for posting this recipe. This was my favourite pudding at school (in the 70's). I used half measures and used a 2lb loaf tin to bake it in (I didn't want to make too much as I knew I'd just eat too much of it). It was absolutely delicious and I will definitely bake it again (full quantities) to share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this recipe have been looking for this recipe for years have made close to it but will try this one.

    ReplyDelete